Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ColonialApplianceRepair  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 2:01:51 PM(UTC)
ColonialApplianceRepair

Groups: Registered

The customers complaint was the clock started fading away first then the entire display began fading in and out. Eventually they went to use it one day and it shut off and locked up on them.

When I arrived the oven had power to it but there was no apparent life. There were no lights on and no sounds when I pushed any buttons. I checked both fuses and Voltage coming into oven. Upper oven gasket looked fairly good but discolored in some places. A brown trail of heat damage seemed to lead from upper oven to control board. The customer said steam would roll out of vent also which is on opposite side of the front. I am replacing the Control Board and Gasket for Upper Oven.

Does anyone see this as a common problem with these Kitchenaid Double Wall Ovens? Is there a way to help this from occurring? Is there a way to test the membrane vs the control board? (the control board has a small brown trail leading up to it and on part of it from the upper oven)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.