Discuss

remove glasstop range glued to granite counter

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I need to remove my glass top which was unfortunately GLUED (not strapped) to the granite counter when it was

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » remove glasstop range glued to granite counter

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 01:23 PM

geri reinardy is on a distinguished road
Default remove glasstop range glued to granite counter
Brand: Jenn-Air   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I need to remove my glass top which was unfortunately GLUED (not strapped) to the granite counter when it was installed! Infinite switch needs to be replaced under homeowners warranty. (Switch repair company won't remove glass top for fear of breaking it.) Can the glass top be removed without breaking or will I most likely have to replace the entire unit?

Last edited by geri reinardy : 02-27-2014 at 01:27 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-27-2014, 07:14 PM

festeraddams is on a distinguished road

Take a small putty knife and force it under the glass all the way around, this will cut the putty (I have done that a time or two, but depending upon the conditions I have refused a few myself....) If the glass is cracked I wont mess with them at all......
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 AM

Thanks! Will try that.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 AM

Thanks! Will try that.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:25 AM

alexlai is on a distinguished road

When you have glass counter, there will be a probability of cracking. I think you should call professionals, they might be having experience in doing such glass counter removal. Also keep measurements correctly while installing granite slab as there are difference in glass and granite structure.
Granite Direct Inc
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.