Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
normr71  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 7:55:43 AM(UTC)
normr71

Groups: Registered

I have a built-in Whirlpool double accubake electric oven that is malfunctioning. Mdl# GBD277PDB7, Serial# XM0603287 This past season after my wife finished an extensive array of Xmas cookies, the display panel became totally blank.
The control board thermal fuse had gone bad—no continuity—, I personally replaced it and hoped it would function correctly. Although the control readouts now seemingly display correctly, the clock works fine, and the top oven turns on with all the readouts visible and the temperature can be adjusted, it will not turn off except by tripping the circuit breaker. Plus the lower oven will not turn on at all. When pressing the lower oven keypad, the upper oven turns on instead.
I understand that the control board is no longer available, so I will be sending it out to be repaired, but I’m now concerned because the last time the oven was on, there was moisture developing on the keypad face above the upper oven vent. Could that have caused the control panel malfunction and its thermal fuse to break, or has a control board malfunction affected the cooling fan?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.