Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stressedout2014  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:30:39 AM(UTC)
Stressedout2014

Groups: Registered

I have a service call into Maytag but they can't come until Tuesday (New Year's Eve). We renovated our kitchen this past summer and the brand new appliances were installed in July.

I cooked our Christmas turkey dinner just fine. I set the bottom oven on self-clean afterwards to clean up the turkey drippings. This is the first time I've used the self-clean function for either the top or bottom oven. The self clean has 3 settings (3 , 4 and 5 hr). I selected 4 hours. It was working fine. i watched it progress on the clock (it counts itself down on its timer).

I waited until 1AM approx until it turned off (I was cleaning things up anyway and doing laundry). However, when I came downstairs at 7:30AM I noticed there was no power to the double ovens at all. I checked and rechecked the circuit breaker and turned the switches on and off several times just to be sure. Still nothing. The bottom oven door is also still completely shut and will not open. Obviously there is an electrical glitch with the ovens.

I have my elderly parents here for Christmas holidays and really need those ovens back working. Please advise. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

masterquinn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:47:16 AM(UTC)
masterquinn

Groups: Registered

hey, try this:
Door Will Not Unlock After Cleaning:

Try the following to unlock the door:
Disconnect power to range for 30 seconds.
Reconnect power and see if door will unlatch.
If door does not unlatch, and you do have food in the oven, wait for oven to cool completely and try again. If it still will not open service is required.
If door does not unlatch, and you do not have food in the oven, set the oven up to clean for 1-2 hours. Wait approximately 30 minutes for the oven to cool and try to unlock the door.

If the door unlocks, the control has reset itself and there should not be any other problems.

If the door will not unlock or if you would like to schedule a service appointment, please contact GE Consumer Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule a service appointment on-line.

On models with mechanical latches:

Once the oven is cool after a self-clean cycle (approximately 30-90 minutes), slide the latch over to the left.(Some older models have a latch release button that must be pushed in while sliding the latch over.)

Models with oven Set and Temperature knobs must have those knobs set in the Clean position before the latch can be moved to the left. If your door won't unlock, try turning those knobs back to Clean, then slide the latch over.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply