Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hkolln  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 9:50:44 AM(UTC)
hkolln

Groups: Registered

We purchased a new LG oven in August 2008. In December 2008 I tried to use the self cleaning function and after 45 mins the oven completely shut down and the door would not open (even after cooling for 24 hrs). Repair came out under warranty and fixed it to work (or so I thought). We continued to use the oven until Oct 11th when I again turned on the self cleaning function. After 45 mins it again completely shut down (lost all readouts on stove also) and the door stayed locked. Since it is now over warranty LG refuses to fix it so we are stuck with the bill. Well, last night I tried to use the oven and when I turned it on to preheat it seemed to start to preheat but did not heat at all and gave me an F7 Error. I retried to preheat and it again did not heatup the oven but stayed at 100 degrees. Upon opening the oven door it was cold.

So, now i'm waiting for the repair company that came out on the 13th to bring the new thermostat (which they don't know if that will fix the self cleaning function issue) and I have another issue with the F7 error code.

I paid alot of money for this oven and I'm pretty angry it would die after 14 months. Now I cannot use the oven and can only use the stovetop (which works fine).

Any ideas on what could be causing this? The repair man said he could replace each element one by one to see what is causing the issues but we may end up spending more on doing that then what we paid for the oven!!!

Thanks for any help. LG will not help us at all.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.