Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eggman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:37:50 PM(UTC)
Eggman

Groups: Registered

I have received the replacement glass (Inner door glass Part Number: AP2929117 made by WHIRLPOOL) for my electric built-in oven (Kitchen Aid KEBI101DWH4), but cannot see how to take the door apart. I have removed six screws (four on the inside of the door liner, and two on top of the door), but the door liner doesn't come off. Need further instructions, please.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Eggman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:58:51 PM(UTC)
Eggman

Groups: Registered

I found the Owner Manual at http://shared.whirlpoolc...0Guide%20-%204450570.pdf. Page 31 is titled "Removing the oven door", but it did not seem to apply to my range (perhaps because my oven is 10+ years old). It called for insertion of a pin or nail into a hole in the hinge, and my hinges had no hole where the manual showed one. Coming back to the problem, however, using a flashlight and a toothbrush to clean away obscuring dreck, I found a hole below the hinge. I was able to get the door off using the instructions after that. I took off all visible screws, and that allowed me to first remove the glass front with the door handle. There was more inside to take apart before I got down to the cracked window. The door has 4 windows: the outside glass front to the door, two inner pieces of glass, and the one on the inside of the oven that was cracked. The only remaining hitch was getting the door back in place after the window was replaced and the door reassembled. The instructions covered that, but it was necessary to work a bit to get the hinges all the way into the body of the oven before opening the door and removing the pins. As the instructions say, you insert the hinge arms into the slots in the oven frame, shut the door as far as you can (the top will hit the frame, stopping you from completely closing the door), and then push the lower corners in as far as possible before lowering the handle to rotate the door into the open position. This last job is much easier with two people than one. The image below shows the hinge and the pin inserted in the hole below.
UserPostedImage
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply