Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
j6pack  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 8:48:36 AM(UTC)
j6pack

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Gold accubake system// model GMC305PDB07// SN# XR5118183

Have this elect. oven/ micro wave double oven. My problem started a couple of weeks ago when one of the hot legs of power coming into the house shorted to the neutral line.
This caused just about every electrical device in the house to have a issue.
It caused all the GFCI'S to actually smoke and burn.
We had a electrician come out to make repairs.
After about a week we began to smell a electrical hot smell from the oven and determined that it was when the microwave was being used.Everything worked on the oven part and control panel ok but the smell of the electrical problem is concerning.
I had the electrician back and he tested and said it was a circuit board that was ahead of the microwave that was there to protect other components on the oven?? I asked him if it could be the magnetron on the microwave and he said no its the control board and would order.
He forgot to order and is out of town now for a couple of weeks he said that its a easy part to change out and to try ordering it myself if we couldn't wait.
My concern is do you think that this could be the only problem I hate to keep putting money into it and end up having to replace the entire oven.
It worked ok but smelled when the microwave was in use.

I have shut off the circuit breaker to the oven until I repair or replace the oven. Its been a major cash hit for this time of year with the holidays.
Need some sound advise on what to do ,, Buy myself a very expensive new oven or repair the existing one?
Not sure what board to replace to start with. Whirlpool Gold Accubake system. Model # GMC305PDB07 serial# xr5118183
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.