Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SteveSc  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:22:11 AM(UTC)
SteveSc

Groups: Registered

I know this is a common problem and has been discussed on this forum however I cannot find parts specific for my model number.

The stove shut off and remained locked after self clean. Using the instructions offered on this forum I was able to open the door with the latch.

From reading this forum I understand this problem is most likely related to an open fuse. Please provide part numbers to replace the open fuse or fuses along with instructions.

Also there was a problem prior to this issue whereby the stove would not shut off using the control panel. I figure this is the control board?

Please provide instructions and part numbers for this as well.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:05:50 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Number 37 in the picture below is the thermal fuse that has likely opened during the cleaning cycle. It is mounted on the rear of the range, behind the access panel numbered 50 in the picture. It may be tested for continuity and if found to be open, replaced with the correct part available from the link below.

Whirlpool 8300802 Thermostat (tod) (temp.) Spst - AppliancePartsPros.com

As for the oven not shutting off with the control panel, the touch pad is likely faulty. Does it beep when you press the off button or do nothing, as if the button is not working?
Appliance Ninja attached the following image(s):
APP1.jpg
SteveSc  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:01:25 PM(UTC)
SteveSc

Pressing the off button did nothing. No beeps. Also, pressing the zero key did nothing either (so the oven could not be set to a temperature ending with 0).
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:13:17 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Okay, so it is likely the touch pad is faulty. You may need to replace the touch pad but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.
SteveSc  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:56:49 AM(UTC)
SteveSc

Ok, I ordered the parts to have available when I pulled the stove out.

Replacing the thermal fuse restored power to the stove.

Heating the touchpad with a hairdryer did not resolve the problem of the nonworking buttons.

Replacing the touchpad did solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.
Appliance Ninja  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:59:12 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

That is great news, glad you got it going. Thank you for taking the time to post back with results, I appreciate that!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply