Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randall729  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:54:50 PM(UTC)
randall729

Groups: Registered

Was getting volts to igniter and now is not suddenly. This is to the lower oven burner. Broiler works fine. I do need the igniter for sure.
All I have is a 120v test light. Tapping on the regulator valve would start the oven going when I put the BAKE button on. I am getting all
confused about this and running out of time for Thanksgiving.
It's beginning to look like the turkey (or ham) will have to be cooked in the smoker/cooker grill outside and eliminate the oven.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:00:50 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Sorry to hear about your nightmare! Let's see what we can find. The line voltage to your igniter comes from the oven control and the neutral comes from the gas valve. So, we need to determine if we are losing the line voltage or the neutral to see what component may be faulty. Can you turn the oven on and test the wire that is not coming from the gas valve, testing from the igniter wire to any metal surface (ground), please? Do you read 120 VAC?
randall729  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:09:00 PM(UTC)
randall729

Here's what I did. Oven was turned on BAKE. I used the test light on the igniter wire and went to a metal ground. Did NOT read 120VAC. The oven valve wires are showing 120V.
Just for heck of it, tried this on broiler igniter wire and get 120VAC when the BROILER was turned on. I think I followed your directions correctly.
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:20:24 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

If that is the case, the control board is not putting out the voltage for the bake igniter. The control will need to be replaced and is only available in black now. It is available at the link below.

Whirlpool 5701M509-60 Cntrl-Elec - AppliancePartsPros.com
randall729  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:03:33 PM(UTC)
randall729

NINJA has been really helping me on this. I have tried everything
Thank you Ninja and Happy Thanksgiving. But anyway. The control panel is 330.00 need igniter 40.00 NEW STOVE is 399.00 at Sears
Can't justisfy putting in money like this in stove that is 14 yrs old.
We tried, NINJA. This is a number 1 site for answers. And why should
the experts answer our questions? "We" mean nothing to them but
they still help tremendously and quickly. NINJA has really helped in my situations and anyone getting answers need to give NINJA a HAPPY THANKSGIVING for the expertise on your subjects.
randall729  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:24:57 PM(UTC)
randall729

ONGOING PROBLEMS WITH OVEN BUT NINJA HELPED VERY
well. I HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL POSSIBILITIES, and a new oven is really the only answer rather than new parts for a 14 year old stove. I hope NINJA will understand. "We" tried to resolve the problems.
Appliance Ninja  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:44:49 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

I totally understand, it does not make economic sense to invest that much into the range. I agree with the decision to replace it. Happy Thanksgiving!
randall729  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:12:26 PM(UTC)
randall729

Originally Posted by: Appliance Ninja Go to Quoted Post
I totally understand, it does not make economic sense to invest that much into the range. I agree with the decision to replace it. Happy Thanksgiving!

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO RECOGNIZE HOW YOUR KNOWLEDGE CAN
RESOLVE APPLIANCE ISSUES AND ALSO THE VAST AMOUNT OF
PEOPLE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXPERSTISE IN THE AREAS
NEEDED TO RESOLVE THESE PROBLEMS. ANYWAY, I REALLY AM
IMPRESSED. THANK YOU. I DON'T MEAN TO TAKE ANY ADVANTAGE.
THERE WAS THE POSSIBILITY OF ORDERING THE PART(S). I HAVE TO
BE SURE AS I AM NOT ABLE TO WORK AT THIS TIME AND UNSURE
OF A PAYCHECK (HOPEFULLY) FOR PARTS. MAY HAVE TO SEE THE
PEOPLE AT SALVATION ARMY. ANYWAY THANK YOU AND AM SORRY TO PESTERT YOU FOR SOLUTIONS.
Appliance Ninja  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:17:47 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Please know that it is not a bother at all, I am here to help, that is why I am here! One thing you may be able to check are the solder connections on the control board. It is already broken, so if you are interested, you may be able to disassemble that control and get a look at the side of the board where the solder connections are. You very well may find a poor connection that you could possibly solder and avoid the expense of replacing the range! It may be worth a look if you have some spare time. If you decide to do that, just be sure to unplug the range before any disassembly. Also, please do not hesitate to post back with any questions or concerns, I am here to help you!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply