Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vinko  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:41:11 AM(UTC)
Vinko

Groups: Registered

Hello,
Struggling with this one. Always was when I set oven to bake, cooling fan comes on to a very low speed - almost whisper quiet. As oven gets hotter, will increase fan cooling speed. For some reason now as soon as I start oven (even totally cold), cooling fan comes on at full high speed. Quite a rush of air through bottom vents, and pretty good fan noise as well. I looked at parts list and schematic, but unsure what part might be defective. There is a sensor on left side of oven (PART NUMBER: WB23T10015), andthen there are three switches (thermistors?) Two on top - limit switches (WB24T10127), and (WB24T10060) and one in back WB24T10081. Any help on what might be the problem is appreciated.
Thanks,
Vince
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:09:28 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The issues lies with the fan speed switch. For some reason I am unable to locate it on the parts breakdown, but it will be attached to the wires from the fan and has a white, white/red and white/black wire attached to it. Do you see that part and can you see a part number on it?
Vinko  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:50:33 AM(UTC)
Vinko

Talk about fast service.... Wow, thanks! I got in there poked around a bit, and saw the switch you were talking about. Also followed a grey wire from fan motor down to PC board. Looked like that wire had pulled away a bit from PC board connection. Snugged it back, along with all wires leading to that switch in question. Put it all back together, and worked perfectly again. Thanks for the tip. Sincerely appreciate it!

Vince
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:54:06 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

That is great news, nice sleuthing! Have a wonderful weekend! Take yourself out to dinner with the $100 you saved on a service call! ;)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply