Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheri47  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 11:58:53 AM(UTC)
Cheri47

Groups: Registered

The oven light was burned out so I proceeded to remove the screws... big spark, tripped the breaker. I put the screws back in and removed the glass cover and removed the bulb, installed the new appliance bulb and reset the breaker. The oven light does not work :confused: ... what's up?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:09:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Possible damage to the light socket, its wires or the control board. It has to be disassembled and tested.

ALWAYS TURN THE POWER OFF BEFORE DO ANY JOB WITH ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES!

Gene.
Cheri47  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:29:39 AM(UTC)
Cheri47

I already removed the light socket and found no visible damage... where do I find the control board?

~Burt
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:15:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Burt,

The control board aka a clock or ERC and shown as #22 on the diagram.

Gene.
Cheri47  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 7:08:19 AM(UTC)
Cheri47

How do I go about testing the control board?
cleo03  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 7:42:42 AM(UTC)
cleo03

I have Amana Big Oven model ACF4225AW, Same thing happened to me. Oven light out. Unscrewed light housing because I couldn't unscrew the glass light bulb cover.Then a big spark. Replaced screws, replaced light bulb, still doesn't work. Stove top works fine. Used my oven after this spark incident and oven worked fine. Now 3 days later the oven, broiler, and self clean do not work. Repairman tells me I need new Oven Control Board which APP has in stock. Also have a crack in my dispaly control panel where the up arrow is so I no longer use my oven timer. Rapairman says I have to replace this also. Question. Does my oven control panel function depend on the Dispaly/Switch Membrane Panel function?

Remember, I can still use my stove top.
cleo03  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 7:43:33 AM(UTC)
cleo03

I have Amana Big Oven model ACF4225AW, Same thing happened to me. Oven light out. Unscrewed light housing because I couldn't unscrew the glass light bulb cover.Then a big spark. Replaced screws, replaced light bulb, still doesn't work. Stove top works fine. Used my oven after this spark incident and oven worked fine. Now 3 days later the oven, broiler, and self clean do not work. Repairman tells me I need new Oven Control Board which APP has in stock. Also have a crack in my dispaly control panel where the up arrow is so I no longer use my oven timer. Rapairman says I have to replace this also. Question. Does my oven control panel function depend on the Dispaly/Switch Membrane Panel function?

Cheri47  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 11:51:34 AM(UTC)
Cheri47

Please don't hijack my posting. :mad:
~Burt
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 2:15:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Cheri47 Go to Quoted Post
How do I go about testing the control board?

Before you'll do it check the plunger switch (#29 on the diagram) and the wires from the light socket to the switch.

Gene.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 2:23:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: cleo03 Go to Quoted Post

I do not think so. This is not a regular membrane switch. This is actually an overlay and all buttons are part of the control board.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply