Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RSF  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:23:15 PM(UTC)
RSF

Groups: Registered

I've made an error based on information we had for our stove - looking inside I found this model #JGB918SEK1SS. There doesn't seem to be any way to revise the Model Number associated with this post. When I try to change it it just goes to a parts search.

Hi,

Have a problem with our GE Profile Gas Range. This range is being used with propane as fuel. The oven has been taking forever to come up to temp and tonight it seemed to be worse and did not want to come up to temp. The strange thing is that the convection bake works and the broiler works. I've noticed lately when using the oven that it sounds like there is a big whoosh from the fan (?) at various times when the oven is on sounds as though it is suddenly getting more gas. Tonight when I turned on the oven I thought I could smell propane. Turned the oven on convection and there was no gas smell and the oven worked. Just tested the broiler and it was the same - no gas smell and it works. Would appreciate any help in figuring this one out.

Thanks,

Roberta
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:31:25 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

You convert all the pieces to LP?
RSF  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:25:11 PM(UTC)
RSF

All the pieces required per the installation instructions. We did not do the installation ourselves it was done during a remodel in 2006. The oven worked until recently. We live in a rural area where there are no natural gas lines everything that runs on gas runs on propane.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:38:04 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Unless you had the unit converted to LP your unit isn't working at it's potential. Units are not converted to LP unless you pay additional or have a appliance tech or gas company come and change all the orfices.
RSF  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:02:44 PM(UTC)
RSF

I am certain everything was hooked up for LP - yes an appliance tech did the installation. I went back and looked at the records. As I said this appliance was working well until recently. We need suggestions for what to do to try to find the source of the problem. Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply