Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
T38  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:24:52 PM(UTC)
T38

Groups: Registered

Left front burner, (sequence burner), igniter will fire once and terminate regardless of successful ignition. Gas continues to flow regardless of successful ignition. Other 3 burners appear fine. I have replaced:
Simmer controller
Spark module
Potentiometers
Igniters
Gas supply tubes-(due to my destroying them upon disassembly,-seized Venturi)

I'm about ready to shoot it.

I haven't figured -how do it know- whether it's lit or not. I'm guessing there's a thermocouple sensing feedback that's giving a false positive thereby prematurely terminating the sparking. ( at least the constant firing of all four igniters at 3 am has stopped).

I'm willing to trade 2 karmas and a lame joke for help.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

T38  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:36:19 PM(UTC)
T38

Originally Posted by: T38 Go to Quoted Post
Left front burner, (sequence burner), igniter will fire once and terminate regardless of successful ignition. Gas continues to flow regardless of successful ignition. Other 3 burners appear fine. I have replaced:
Simmer controller
Spark module
Potentiometers
Igniters
Gas supply tubes-(due to my destroying them upon disassembly,-seized Venturi)

I'm about ready to shoot it.

I haven't figured -how do it know- whether it's lit or not. I'm guessing there's a thermocouple sensing feedback that's giving a false positive thereby prematurely terminating the sparking. ( at least the constant firing of all four igniters at 3 am has stopped).

I'm willing to trade 2 karmas and a lame joke for help.
Thanks

In the unlikely event that there is anyone else that doesnt understand about flame sensing: the flame itself conducts the small current that the spark module recognizes, and uses to discern whether to keep sparking or not. I'm guessing that, in my case, the old igniter wire was leaking enough current to fool the spark module into thinking that the gas was lit, even without a flame. So it stopped firing after the first zap regardless of whether the flame had lit. I wrapped the wire with electrical tape and it seems like it's working. Now I have to come up with a dumb joke to tell myself.
r-man  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:46:17 PM(UTC)
r-man

I have the same model and am about ready to shoot it. One XLO burner has weak, intermittent spark, the other none at all. Gas flow is fine. I've replaced ignitors and potentiometers. Am considering replacing simmer controller. I will try to test wire to ignitors. I am still dumbfounded that one must destroy the venturi tube to remove the burner assembly to be able to work on this range (who designs this stuff?), and am reluctant to do so. Not sure how I can otherwise replace or repair the wiring.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply