Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
landis  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 10:38:11 AM(UTC)
landis

Groups: Registered

unit stopped showing clock ck and had power- had control bd repaired and fully ck out. when returned reinstalled and clock worked great but now no response from touchpanel.panel was responding as I could turn on lights and ever pb would beep when I pressed, now a F2- e1 code appears
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:09:18 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
See the attachment for your tech sheet.

Have you tried pushing the cancel button?
Have you tried unplugging the unit for a couple minutes to see if it will reset?

If yes to both the above then try the following.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
File Attachment(s):
KEBS207.pdf (379kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
landis  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:02:11 AM(UTC)
landis

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: landis Go to Quoted Post
unit stopped showing clock ck and had power- had control bd repaired and fully ck out. when returned reinstalled and clock worked great but now no response from touchpanel.panel was responding as I could turn on lights and ever pb would beep when I pressed, now a F2- e1 code appears

cleaned cable -several times -still no response just same codes reset will not function.
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:19:56 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The problem is either the keypad or the control board.

Unfortunately they do not publish the pin-out for the keypad so it is difficult to check it.

Since the keypad was OK before you had the board repaired then I would say that odds are that the control board is the problem but I do not know how the repair company checked the board out so this is just a guess.

Try checking the receptacle on the control board.
Could be it has a cold solder joint. Cold solder joints are often a duller silver color and/or have pin holes.

You could also try wiggling the connector while watching the solder side to see if any of the pins move in the solder.
A magnifying glass helps with the above.

Looks like the keypad is a sealed system so I do not think that you will be able to check the continuity of the individual tracks in the ribbon cable.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply