Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sterling05  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:32:24 PM(UTC)
sterling05

Groups: Registered

Hello,
KitchenAid oven (w/o cooktop), convection, 3 wire, probably needs new thermostat?
It's heating and signals temp is reached, but setting for 350 is 180 inside, 400 setting is 250 inside, and 500 is 520 inside. (According to my lil oven thermometer.) Have had 2 cakes fail looking like too low temp.

A similar thread suggested multimeter and I'll have access to one in few days if that's helpful for checking before part ordering.

Advice please? Is it a thermostat I need to order? And can anyone suggest a part number? And when I looked online Whirlpool brand thermostats appeared, are the brands interchangeable?
Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:45:59 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Here's a video to test your probe.....should be around 1k room temp and 15-16k at 350.........You must test it after the oven heats up around 350 then pull it off and ohm check it otherwise you're not properly diagnosing your problem. Also your model number is incorrect don't go by what the manual calls it go by the stamp on the unit usually in door jam or bottom broiler or rear of unit without this can't get a parts page. Good luck
[/URL]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=testing%20oven%20temp%20probe&oq=testing%20oven%20temp%20probe&gs_l=youtube.3...190760.197776.6.198107.52.29.9.0.3.4.290.3143.14j11j3.28.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.pZaOcdx5XbA
sterling05  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 5:18:16 AM(UTC)
sterling05

Thank you. I'll watch the video and conduct the test and maybe pull the thermostat to match up the part.
The oven is from mid-90's. I rechecked the model number and it is correct, except perhaps the 5 is an S. But it is just a small plate inside the door and not real easy to read.
Now I have a pathway to repair. Thank you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply