Discuss

Gas burners not lighting?

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I'm sorry I don't know the model number. But I'm hoping some general answers will point me in the right

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Gas burners not lighting?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 PM

starkey5 is on a distinguished road
Default Gas burners not lighting?
Brand: Crosley   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I'm sorry I don't know the model number. But I'm hoping some general answers will point me in the right direction. My 4 gas burners on my stove top don't light on their own anymore. When we turn on a burner there is gas flow but no sparks. What is a part responsible for that type problem usually called, and where on the unit do you usually find it?

THANKS!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 AM

wvanosten is on a distinguished road
Default my experience

I have a whirlpool and had the same problem. I replaced the spark-module since it is the common element to all four burners. You will need to get the model number from your stove to look up the part number. The diagrams for the parts will also show you the location.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.