Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jethro75  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:35:09 AM(UTC)
jethro75

Groups: Registered

yesterday our oven was not getting very hot. then it would shut the bake off. i restarted the oven and set the temp to 350. the broil element was heating but bake element was not. then when the oven got to about 300 it shut off the bake cycle. this morning i looked at it and wanted to check the bake element to see if it had continuity. i pulled it out and realized i should have shut power off to it after the circuit breaker tripped. the continuity checked good, but after putting the element back in and turning the breaker off and back on all power to the oven is off now. not even the light or the clock work. did i blow a fuse when i pulled element out? what do you think the initial problem is with the bottom element not heating but having good continuity? please help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jethro75  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:40:51 AM(UTC)
jethro75

didnt think to check main breaker in garage until now. so i do have power back to oven, clock and light work. but still bottom element doesnt work, and top does. and as stated before bottom element checked good for resistance.
jethro75  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:20:06 PM(UTC)
jethro75

thermal fuse has continuity and temp probe does too. Am I looking at replacing the control board? where can I get one?
jethro75  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 3:39:29 AM(UTC)
jethro75

swapped top for bottom on the elements, now know that both are good. checked voltage at bottom element with bake cycle on. ground to terminal had 120volt both sides is this right? still no luck finding the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply