Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
poppy123  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:22:28 AM(UTC)
poppy123

Groups: Registered

DCS RGS-305 Stove top
The front left igniter keeps sparking even when everything is turned off. Have to pull the plug for it to stop.
If I turn on all the burners, the sparking stop. I then turn off the burners one by one. It all good, until I turn off right front burner. Once I turn off the right front burner, the igniter on the left front burner will start to spark again. It won't stop until I turn on the right front burner or pull the plug.

Replace the re-igniter module?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:13:23 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Yep sounds like a ignitor module issue.....but in some essance you can have a wire harness issue but i highly doubt it.......Clean all your burner pieces with a wire brush and or with sandpaper also.......be careful cleaning the ignitors they can be fragile......the burner valve only controls the gas being released the ignitor module usually sparks all ignitors and the valve just lets the gas out to the sparking ignitors.......don't test the spark module leads going out of the module you'll blow your multimeter or get a nice shock if your touching them.
mpdsal  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 6:44:54 AM(UTC)
mpdsal

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
Yep sounds like a ignitor module issue.....but in some essance you can have a wire harness issue but i highly doubt it.......Clean all your burner pieces with a wire brush and or with sandpaper also.......be careful cleaning the ignitors they can be fragile......the burner valve only controls the gas being released the ignitor module usually sparks all ignitors and the valve just lets the gas out to the sparking ignitors.......don't test the spark module leads going out of the module you'll blow your multimeter or get a nice shock if your touching them.

I have a similar issue on my Amana except now when plugged in it blows a circuit. My guess is the module was going bad and finally failed. I have two modules on my model. If I unplug is there a way to test to see which module might be the bad one? They are not cheap, at least from the dealer. Thanks

Mark
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply