Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdcanada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:27:08 PM(UTC)
mdcanada

Groups: Registered

I see there are a number of posts about this already, but I just wanted to clarify a couple of things.
Today, I used the self clean and now the control panel is blank and door wouldn't open.
I have managed to open the door. I will be calling IKEA to have a repair person out as the oven is still under warranty. I have looked at the parts which may needed to be replaced, possibly the thermal overload. I have seen mention of a
thermal fuse that is located in the vent area. Does this model have one of those, and would I need that replaced too, so that the control panel works?
Any help would be appreciated. Also if my husband is feeling inclined would it be easy to fix. We put all the kitchen/appliances in ourselves, so is does have some knowledge.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:07:42 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Groups: Registered

Even though they sell ovens with self clean they sometime's have problems after using it because the self clean is such high tempatures and they make things with the cheapest wiring and electronics now of days. Could be a harness issue maybe melted a part of the harness or could of fried your main board. Check to see if you have 120v going to the main board and if you do i'd recommend a complete inspection of your wiring and once that is good and checked out you'll probably need a new main board. The door not opening could be the door lock mechanism that is a common problem on some of the cheaper units but it usually has a code that pops up typically.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply