Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mourer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:16:15 PM(UTC)
Mourer

Groups: Registered

I want to remove the right infinity Burner switch but need steps on how to remove control panel. I have removed the four screws underneath the panel but can' seem to pull it out. Are there other screws to be removed? Does the glass top have to come off first?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:44:59 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Go to ********************************.com and enter your model number in and go to the schematics on the top of the unit it should be a pretty good schematic on the breakdown procedure.
Mourer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:23:09 AM(UTC)
Mourer

I have tried finding the schematics on my model but it is unclear to me if after removing four screws I can then slide the control panel out so that I can then remove the infinity switch. Right now it seems to be binding and I fear damaging something in there. Also does the glass top have to come off ion order to remove the control panel?
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:55:11 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

There's screws on the side of the plastic control piece your missing or underneath thoroughly check surrounding areas. Remove the knobs and see if there's screws behind that which are screwed into from cover plastic piece. You shouldn't have to remove the glass from this unit from my understanding. If your replacing the switch because it's not working make sure you ohm check the burner itself because you might have a burner issue instead. If the burner does go on but doesn't get hot enough or gets superhot on low settings most likely it's a switch problem. Also if it's the "warming" burner those can take 10+ sometimes to actually start and they don't get that hot typically. If you get stuck in the middle of this call an legit appliance tech JennAir can be a real pain even for experienced techs. Good luck
Mourer  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
Mourer

Thanks for the info on my Jenn Air. I'm wondering if the glass top is binding and not allowing the control panel to slide out. Also how is the glass top attached to the stove? Thanks again. I do not see any other screws to take out other than the ones holding the switches in. There are 2 screws for each switch.
Mourer  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:44:09 PM(UTC)
Mourer

Originally Posted by: Mourer Go to Quoted Post
I have tried finding the schematics on my model but it is unclear to me if after removing four screws I can then slide the control panel out so that I can then remove the infinity switch. Right now it seems to be binding and I fear damaging something in there. Also does the glass top have to come off ion order to remove the control panel?

I would like to find out why the right front burner doesn't work and why does the little hot warning light stay on? It stays on even though the burner or burner switch doesn't work
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply