Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TomSp  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:29:14 PM(UTC)
TomSp

Groups: Registered

I press "Bake" . Then "Start" and nothing happens. The same thing happen with any of the other function keys "broil", and "clean". All other buttons except "Start" work. Should I replace the Planel Cntrl Asm, the Oven Control or some other part which prevents the Start.
Thanks Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:05:33 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Is it gas or electric? and have you checked the breaker? Electric is 240 v and sometimes half the breaker will trip allowing console to come on but yet not heat the oven........
TomSp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:05:03 PM(UTC)
TomSp

It is electric. That was my thinking. So the first thing I did was check the braker. Clicked it back-en-forth a number of times. No luck.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:56:33 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

I believe this unit has a user interface/touchpad and main control separate. The problem your stating since all the other buttons work is more then likely a user interface/touchpad issue. You can call some manufactures and get a pin test sequence on what buttons to press while doing a continuity test to see if the touchpad is functional. Before investing on the interface take into consideration also that some interfaces work with the main control even if it just seems like a button issue it can be a main board issue and have nothing to do with the interface i know it's odd but i've seen it a few times. Before buying a new interface take into consideration the cost of the touchpad and maybe the possible main board also. Take into consideration the age of the unit and it's worth before investing alot of money into these parts. Also there can be a wire harness issue with a short somewhere but that doesn't happen to often but it's possible.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply