Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gaspower  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 10:55:03 AM(UTC)
gaspower

Groups: Registered

Hello,
When we went to use the clean control on this units larger oven, the (PE070308) preheat board shorted out. It was one of the relays on the board. I replaced the relay and all works fine except now the heat range is off on that oven. Would it still be the board or more likely the thermostat (PJ03003) that may have gone out due to the short?

Thanks JR
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

VikTech  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:44:41 PM(UTC)
VikTech

What's your serial number? The K4 relay needs to be jumped. Unrelated to why the temp is off, but will prevent board from burning out again. The tstat is calibratable if less than 50 degrees off. If more than that probably a bad tstat.
gaspower  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 10:41:26 AM(UTC)
gaspower

Hello Viktech,

Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry for the late reply, was gone for awhile.

Serial 060603C0000000561.

Can you please let me know were to jump on the PE070308 Pre-Heat board.

Thank you
JR
VikTech  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 5:05:59 PM(UTC)
VikTech

Yellow wire with green tracer plugged in to AT16 get's removed from the relay and wire nutted in with white wire with red tracer plugged in to AT15.
gaspower  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 12:47:11 PM(UTC)
gaspower

Update:

We went to use the clean on the larger over, and it shorted out. Found that the relay (G8P-1C4TP) burned out the PE070308 board. I replaced the replay on the original board. Turned on the oven, did not seem to be any issued until I noticed that the temperature no matter what set on the thermostat went 500 plus. So I figured that possibly when it shorted it damaged the thermostat, so I ordered a new thermostat. Tested it today, and temperature is still not accurate, goes higher than the temp on the knob. Is there something else that can be damaged, or do I need to calibrate?

With the original thermostat, it rose to 500 very quickly. With the new thermostat, it seems to raise at a much lower rate. I had it at two hundred, and it finally rose to 400 plus, but a much slower rate as per original thermostat.

Also tested temp light. So I turned the dial to two hundred, when it reached that temp, the light did shut off correctly, but the temperature did continued to climb past two hundred.

Thanks JR
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply