Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PABLO12842  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:27:21 PM(UTC)
PABLO12842

Groups: Registered

Hi, i have a brand new ge oven combination microwave, not in warranty anymore. Microwave works fine but the convection or broil mode takes forever to heat up and actually it never reaches tempeture set even you you leave it for 2 hours, please help!!!!!!!!!
thank you very much
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:28:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Does the Bake work properly?

Does the convection fan work when you use the convection cooking?

Hear the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE PT970SR1SS Wall Oven - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
PABLO12842  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:54:51 PM(UTC)
PABLO12842

Hello Gene and thanks for your reply, the oven never reaches a temp set neither on bake or broil mode, the fan does work well on bake mode but veeeryy slow to even warm up. When i try to put on broil mode the heat piece is not really hot even after 10 minutes on broil mode.
To give you the whole picture, i move to Argentina and brought this oven and other things, we connected it to a 5000w voltage converter so it would work, my friend has the exact same oven connected in his house and works fine. When the installer came he connected te oven directly to 220v, it turned on fine but when he tried the microwave it teipped because that part of the unit runs on 120v i m guessing, the he replaced the breaker/fuse and everything was fine. But i installed it and never really teied if it actually heated up the way it should. He took the oven to his shop and test the thermostat or temp sensor and sais is fine.
Please we would appretiatte any tips
Thank you
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:33:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Do you have the instructions and the wiring diagram for the converter you connected the oven to? If you do, can you posted it?

Gene.
PABLO12842  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:39:52 PM(UTC)
PABLO12842

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Do you have the instructions and the wiring diagram for the converter you connected the oven to? If you do, can you posted it?

Gene.

Whirlpool WOS51EC0A.
hi gene, i thank you very much for your help with changing the tranfo diagram, since i m in argentina we have monophase 220volts so forthe ge oven that was microwave and oven we feed with tranfo and 120volts the microwave and 220 direct to oven in that way worked fine.
now i have a Whirlpool WOS51EC0A. single oven and have a dilema because my technitian says it might need a tranfo in order to work, do you have any idea if i plug it directly 220volts both cable black and red together if this would work
thank you very much
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply