Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
henry8im  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 5:52:49 AM(UTC)
henry8im

Groups: Registered

Hi All,
Thanks in advance for any help! I have a Ge Profile electric range that is not responding at all to the touchpad. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago when we had a power outage. The power was restored within a couple of hours then went back out about 20 minutes later only to be restored again a bit later. i'm assuming the on/off multiple surges damaged something.

All of the stovetop burners function. After the power came back on the clock could not be set and the bake and broil buttons didn't work but the convection bake did. The timer didn't function either. The following day the bake selection worked but the timer didn't. Then the oven wouldn't turn off and it beeped continually (as if the oven temp was reached). Now nothing works or responds (except the burners - they're still fine) but the clear/off button beeps when you press it, nothing else.

I'm having issues matching my model # (I got it off the frame behind the drawer). No site seems to recognize it. Also, I'm not sure what I should be looking at to begin troubleshooting. It looks to me as if there are three main components, the touchpad, the control box?, and the circuit board. None of the numbers I have from any of those parts seem to match anything I can find either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please!

Here are my numbers:

Range J BP85W0B4W
Circuit board 8RK4B10003800 mod P021
Control box? Torisan REH02XPo21-CNAA (GE mod 164D4105P021)
Ribbon cable from the touch panel 325318 164D406 6

Thhanks!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.