Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KatKat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:00:30 AM(UTC)
KatKat

Groups: Registered

We have a GE glass cooktop that is built into our counter.
My husband turned a burner on to put the teakettle on, and he saw a white flash under the burner, then the circuit breaker tripped. After he reset the breaker to on, the entire cooktop now is completely dead. Nothing works or comes on.

My question is this: is it completely toast?

Ive been going back and forth with GE. Originally they were going to come out in two days with a service tech. I am fine waiting a few days. But then they called back and said they had to reschedule it until next week! Leaving me without a cooktop for a week and a half. They also said they have a $89 trip charge and that I would still have to pay it even if I have them fix the cooktop. I can understand the charge if I decided not to get it fixed. So I cancelled the appointment all together and called a local repair guy who can come out tomorrow and will probably be cheaper. Now GE messaged me is trying to make an offer of waiving the cost of the parts and us just paying the $89 trip charge and whatever labor cost their is.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.