Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alttechnology  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 9:11:16 PM(UTC)
alttechnology

Groups: Registered

Frigidaire mdl PLEB30T8CCB double oven 2004
We have this on one of our office kitchens.
Test - Top oven broiler OK
Issue - Top oven bake element (on lower of top oven) not powering on - Issue
Testing - Bake element OHM 18.x seems OK I think this is in range
Testing - Power to element when enabled 0 volts
Question #1
I am assuming that a relay or board is out for the top oven as the element OHM to 18.x and when checking for volt there is none (bottom oven shows around 240).
I can tell what is for what oven ? What is the correct part to order for this issue?

Question #2
I will also order the temp probe. Can I pull this out from the unit without removing from the wall? It seems like the connector goes behind the unit and cant be pulled out like the element connectors can. Please explain.
Thanks Al
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:19:52 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hello.

Most likely the upper oven relay board is bad. You can determine that by installing the temporary jumper wire (first turn the oven power off) between the BA and L2.
If the bake element start heating - replace the relay board

Part number: 318022002

Regarding the temperature sensor. There is a good chance that it will come out through the opening inside the oven, be very patient pulling it out - do not disconnect the plug.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Control Panel parts for Frigidaire PLEB30T8CCB - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
alttechnology  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:31:17 PM(UTC)
alttechnology

Hi Simon,

I will try the jumper and see if that correct the issue. If so I will look to order the board.

I did try to pull then temp probe and had it unscrewed. It pulled out about 4" adn then still had the wire going through the back. I did not want to tug or force it as I did not know where the connection was being made. I figured that it had to be accessed from behind as after 4" it had tension on the wire with not connector seen. If I knew how the wire was ran I would take a chance... I would of thought that it would be serviced from the front.??
Thanks!

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello.

Most likely the upper oven relay board is bad. You can determine that by installing the temporary jumper wire (first turn the oven power off) between the BA and L2.
If the bake element start heating - replace the relay board

Regarding the temperature sensor. There is a good chance that it will come out through the opening inside the oven, be very patient pulling it out - do not disconnect the plug.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Control Panel parts for Frigidaire PLEB30T8CCB - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:03:39 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

I'm afraid you will have to pull the oven out to replace the sensor. If it 's not bad why to go trough all this affort?

Simon.
alttechnology  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:15:54 PM(UTC)
alttechnology

Ok,

I did have to pull the unit out. I was hoping that I could access from the front pannel but, not the case. I did the jumper and the element leads with the meter shot up to 230. So the board is bad. I will be ordering. ALso looked at the temp sensor. I does have aconnectior but it is in back past the pipe so it could be be pulled through. As I have it apart I will order that also (as it is
Heavily corroded and I would expect it to go next).

Thanks Again!!
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:27:58 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Good luck.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply