Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wrhopcraft  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 8:23:28 AM(UTC)
wrhopcraft

Groups: Registered

The two left side burners on my Thermador range have stopped working. On the left rear burner, the igniter sparks properly but there doesn't seem to any gas flowing to it. The left front burner is completely dead - the igniter doesn't spark and there's no sound or smell of gas flowing. What's the best way to diagnose this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

scott5495  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:24:11 PM(UTC)
scott5495

the left burners on thermador are the xtra low burners, re-ignite on low. there are potentiometers [switches] on both on off valves. under the cooktop they will also have 2 solenoids that are activated by the switches. when they activate they allow gas to pass thru. if you will provide a model no. i can walk you thru diagnoses. if you can't find model no. advise is this a range or just a cooktop
wrhopcraft  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:30:43 PM(UTC)
wrhopcraft

Don't know where to look for the model number, but it's a range - not a cooktop. Thanks!
scott5495  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 4:17:01 PM(UTC)
scott5495

o.k. since it is a range the model probably is rdds30v. this is not complete, but it is close.
remove front control panel by removing the screws underneath the trim.
the frame should then slide downward and off.
remove knobs.
pull glass panel toward you from the bottom and slide off. BE CAREFULL WITH GLASS PANEL, YOU CANNOT GET ANOTHER ONE.
on two of the on off valves you will find the square switches [potentiometers], these are most often the problem.
to check the solenoids will require removal of the top.
under the burner caps you will see a brass nut. these screw down thru the top and must be removed. sometimes these are very hard to get out.
once they are removed you can lift the top from the front and disconnect the four wires from the ignitors.
set the top aside.
you will see two black or blue solenoids with two wires on each.
you will need an ohm meter to check the solenoids. about 15.00 from sears.
on the 20,000 ohm scale, these solenoids should read about 26 on your scale with the wires disconnected. if they check good you will need the switches.
thermador part no. 497235.
only order one as this is a kit that replaces both switches and gives you a new spark module. module is located close to the solenoids, a blue box.
if the solenoids do not check good i will need model and serial to insure we get the right ones. some mount different than others.
to locate model no. take off bottom front panel. you will have a mount on each side that the panels hook onto. need a long phillips. remove the mount on the left hand side and model tag will be behind it. i know, stupid place to put it.
wrhopcraft  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 4:18:46 PM(UTC)
wrhopcraft

Hi Scott. Thanks for the help! I'll be traveling for a few days, so it will be next weekend before I can give this procedure a try. I'll let you know how I make out. Bill
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2021 2:44:45 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the same issue but the cooktop. GGSCV30
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply