Discuss

Replaced Glass Cooktop, Broke Heating Element or Burner

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I just replaced the glass cooktop on my oven. When I was moving the burners from the old top to

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Replaced Glass Cooktop, Broke Heating Element or Burner

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 AM

terrymell is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced Glass Cooktop, Broke Heating Element or Burner
Brand: Kitchen Aid   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I just replaced the glass cooktop on my oven. When I was moving the burners from the old top to the new top I damaged one of the burners. The hard claylike ring inside the burner broke into several pieces. I set that aside and finished installing the cooktop. The burner works, but is there any danger or hazard because of that broken piece? I'm not sure what that does, but it obviously has a purpose. Any help would be appreciated.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-21-2013, 01:49 PM

scott5495 is on a distinguished road
Default replaced glass cooktop

the grey ring around the burner is insulation. it keeps heat from leaking past the outside of the burner. take the pieces and put into place as close as possible and mount burner, should be o.k. unless there is a gap larger than 2 inches.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.