Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
analogman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:15:30 AM(UTC)
analogman

Groups: Registered

The left side, front and back induction units on my Maytag induction range are pulsating. One of the great features of induction cooking is the heat control so I am concerned about what I see. I had soup on the unit and my ALL-Clad pot is the exact size of the element and the bottom of the pot is absolutely flat. I had used the quick boil feature first then I changed the setting to 4 after it started to boil. What I noticed was this.....the soup started to bubble in cycles of every 3 seconds. It was pulsating! With my ear next to the unit, I heard a click and hum (which can be normal) and the soup would bubble. After 2/3seconds the hum would "shut off" and then again return where the soup would bubble again. This cycling every 3 seconds is more promenant at the lower power settings. Where do you think the problem is? The incoming power? The induction element? The microprossor controls for the units? Has anyone seen this before?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.