Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CBurke  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:14:28 AM(UTC)
CBurke

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool GBD307PDS09 double oven. I had an E6 F2 error that was fixed by replacing the main control board a couple of months ago. Then after it had worked properly for several weeks, the display went blank. I can get the display to work by cycling the circuit breaker, but once I set the clock and press clock button a second time, the display goes blank again. Do you think the control board is once again defective? The key pad has also been replaced and results are the same. All of the buttons on the keypad seem to operate. Could a defective transformer board cause this? It's about the only thing I haven't replaced.

Can anyone tell me what I should do at this point based on the symptoms?

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

segallis  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:22:09 PM(UTC)
segallis

I have the same oven & same problem: the oven appears to work perfectly, as does the display for all oven functions, timer and even to set the clock... but the clock will not display after setting the time.

This happened after a quick power outage. I tried cycling power, leaving it off for a minute first. Same symptom.

I had replaced the control board and keyboard two years ago after getting the error code. This time no codes, just no clock.

I was hoping there may be some sort of power-savings mode, or some "feature" to disable the clock for people that don't like the fluorescent display lighting up the kitchen at night. Hard to image there could be a hardware failure that kills the clock but allows all other displays and oven functions.
CBurke  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:15:08 AM(UTC)
CBurke

I have good news for you if it turns out to be the same issue I had. I actually felt quite foolish when I discovered in the owners manual that this is normal behavior and you must just do the following to remove the clock display or get the clock to appear continuously:

To remove the time of day from the display: Press and hold
CLOCK for 5 seconds. Repeat to return the time of day to the
display. The time should not have to be reset
CBurke  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:15:09 AM(UTC)
CBurke

I have good news for you if it turns out to be the same issue I had. I actually felt quite foolish when I discovered in the owners manual that this is normal behavior and you must just do the following to remove the clock display or get the clock to appear continuously:

To remove the time of day from the display: Press and hold
CLOCK for 5 seconds. Repeat to return the time of day to the
display. The time should not have to be reset
segallis  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:52:58 PM(UTC)
segallis

You da man! That was it!

(Haven't seen the manual in 10 years).

:-)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply