Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
binw022@yahoo.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:53:12 AM(UTC)
binw022@yahoo.com

Groups: Registered

The Lower Right Cooktop is not working. So I order a replacement element from the appliance pro. The tabs are not the exact match. But we still manage to get the element replaced. Connect the power, and the cooktop is still off. How do I know this is not a defect elent that Appliance Pro send to me. Or maybe it is something else.
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:31:03 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: binw022@yahoo.com Go to Quoted Post
The Lower Right Cooktop is not working. So I order a replacement element from the appliance pro. The tabs are not the exact match. But we still manage to get the element replaced. Connect the power, and the cooktop is still off. How do I know this is not a defect elent that Appliance Pro send to me. Or maybe it is something else.
Thanks!

Binw, The more common issue with an electric cook top element is the infinite control switch. It is more susceptible to failure, than the element itself. You will need a multi meter
Part number: AP5641751
Part number: AP5641751

to test the switch circuits for "open" or "closed" switch circuits and if necessary, voltage into the switch and out of the switch to the element. This relatively in expensive tool, can save a lot of time effort and money, in the long run.
binw022@yahoo.com  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 4:28:45 PM(UTC)
binw022@yahoo.com

Joe, Thanks for quick reply. I already have a multimeter. Don't know what to measure. Do you have any diagram or any service manual for this particular model? I need some instruction on what terminal to measure. A similar manual will help too.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:10:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, Thanks for quick reply. I already have a multimeter. Don't know what to measure. Do you have any diagram or any service manual for this particular model? I need some instruction on what terminal to measure. A similar manual will help too.

Bin, AppliancePartsPros.com can usually supply wiring diagrams, service manuals, and printed information as requested. But, we need a model and serial number of the product to be serviced.

Get us a model number, and we'll get you as much info as possible.

Thanks,
binw022@yahoo.com  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:05:53 AM(UTC)
binw022@yahoo.com

Joe, the Whirlpool Range model is GFE461LVS0, the surface element model is W10275048. Thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:57:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, the Whirlpool Range model is GFE461LVS0, the surface element model is W10275048. Thanks!

Bin, The wiring information and access information is on it's way to your personal e mail address.

Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply