Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/)
-   -   Trouble removing oven floor by typical process (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/517819-trouble-removing-oven-floor-typical-process.html)

nathank 02-12-2013 02:02 PM

Trouble removing oven floor by typical process

Frigidaire/Electrolux Gallery Series gas oven
Model# GLGF377CSE

I'm trying to replace the oven ignitor but can't get the oven floor out. I've tried the usual methods described on this site and elsewhere, watched the videos, and read through every thread I could find that looked relevant and can't find an answer.
I have the door off. I've removed the 2 back screws and the fan cover. But the front lip won't release no matter what I do. It feels like there is something mechanical holding it down (but nothing I can see), or that the lip is just too big to lift out of the space there.

Am I missing something?

Thanks to everyone for any help.

nathan

denman 02-13-2013 04:07 AM

Below is a link to a manual
Download Frigidaire Gas Range.pdf

Un-click the USE our download option or you may get software installed on your computer that you do not want.
Then use the gray button to download it

nathank 02-13-2013 12:03 PM

Thanks denman. I had not yet found a complete service manual.

Still, the oven floor removal instructions are:
"Remove the two screws holding rear of the oven bottom to liner tabs and lift the rear of the bottom up and slide it back."

This is what I've tried to do. The back of the panel will rotate upwards, but otherwise it won't move at all.

I will read through the manual thoroughly and see if there's something else going on, or what other ways I can get to the ignitor, but I'm trying not to take it apart more than I have to.
In the meantime, if anyone has encountered something like this before please let me know. Thanks. And thanks again denman.

nathank 02-13-2013 04:13 PM

Thanks denman. I had not yet found a complete service manual.

Still, the oven floor removal instructions are:
"Remove the two screws holding rear of the oven bottom to liner tabs and lift the rear of the bottom up and slide it back."

This is what I've tried to do. The back of the panel will rotate upwards, but otherwise it won't move at all.

I will read through the manual thoroughly and see if there's something else going on, or what other ways I can get to the ignitor, but I'm trying not to take it apart more than I have to.
In the meantime, if anyone has encountered something like this before please let me know. Thanks. And thanks again denman.

denman 02-13-2013 04:47 PM

Looking at the parts there is also a nut in the center of the pan that needs to be removed.