Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
varuscelli  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:16:11 AM(UTC)
varuscelli

Groups: Registered

I've moved into a home built in the early 1970s that has a built-in Whirlpool electric oven I've been cleaning up. I don't know how old the oven actually is, but it looks as though it could have very well been installed when the home was built. The light switch is missing the plastic end piece (screw on knob) and seems to be shorting out. I can get the light to flicker occasionally if I wiggle or rotate the switch shaft.

I've done a significant amount of internet searching for a matching model number (in hopes of at least finding a manual or parts diagram) but haven't been able to find one.

I'd like to be able to find a replacement light switch (the manual switch) for this oven or see if there are suggestions for possibly fixing the switch. I haven't actually removed the switch yet, but that's going to be my next step. I wanted to ask for opinions/suggestions here in the mean time.

Photo of switch and oven attached, in case that helps in identification.

Any help or suggestions? :)
varuscelli attached the following image(s):
IMG_2015a.jpg
IMG_2017a.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.