Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ragged73  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 4:00:51 PM(UTC)
Ragged73

Groups: Registered

Bought the stove just over a year ago as it was on sale and we knew we wanted a new stove. Finally nstalled the stove with the included natural gas:LP gas conversion. Double checked the the correct orifice was installed.
Top burners are high and have a lot of yellow in the flames. The lowest setting using the front controls still have the flames quite high. The "high" setting with these knobs produces 6" flames.
Oven produces flames coming up through the bottom a few inches and the top flame will pass past the door opening if the door is open and the front center area gets too hot to touch.

Hearing it's an air pressure thing. Above and beyond that...

UserPostedImage

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:58:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Did you convert the pressure regulator?

Double check everything per the conversion instructions attached to the post.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE JGB295DER1BB Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
31-21501 - LP conversion JGB295DER1BB.pdf (303kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
Ragged73  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:45:26 AM(UTC)
Ragged73

Groups: Registered

Thank you for responding. I apologize for not thanking you earlier. :o

I didn't do the initial installation so I went back and double checked things. To start, I checked and discovered the LP orifices still attached. to their carriers on the underside back panel. Changed those out and the top burnes work perfectly now. :)
I am not quite sure of the procedure of oven burner requirements. "The lower burner orifice is located behind the storage drawer. To convert to LP, use a 1/2" wrench to turn the lower burner orifice hood clockwise until snug with the base, approx 2 1/2 turns. Open the air shutter on the oven burners and adjust as needed. Hmmm, ok... I'm thinking this part I have to turn is brass fitting inside the shielded outlet on the topside of the rectangular box in the picture. That which the black arrow points to. Loosen the shield and then make the 2 1/2 turns of adjustment? If so, just out of curiosity, how does the design allow for both LP and NG using this same orifice?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:34:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are on the right track about oven burner orifice adjustment. There is a needle inside. So when you turn it down you actually decreasing the size of the hole.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply