Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sidneywooten  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:52:04 PM(UTC)
sidneywooten

Groups: Registered

I know this is a common issue. I read I should replay the "board". Can someone tell me the part number? Can I get this at Appliance Parts Pros?

Thanks

Sid
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:15:40 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Thermador SC272T Wall Oven - AppliancePartsPros.com

The display/control board is item 1 in the Top Plenum Parts section
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sidneywooten  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:00:35 AM(UTC)
sidneywooten

Thanks for your post and the link to all of the parts for the oven. Can you help me narrow this down? With a dim display specifically what action (and what specific part(s) are needed do I need to do the repair?

I believe there is a kit (display, harness, board)...can you advise if that is correct and if so, the exact part number?

Thanks
sidneywooten  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:05:23 AM(UTC)
sidneywooten

I forgot to say that I saw your info that the board is item #1 in the top plenum section. Do I need just the board or do I need the other parts in the "kit" (harness and display) Thanks again.
denman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:59:51 AM(UTC)
denman

It comes as a kit so you need all the parts which are included.
sidneywooten  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:10:47 AM(UTC)
sidneywooten

Denman...my thanks to you so far. I now have the part. I am an amateur. Before I dig in I want to be sure I am not over my head. I have two initial questions.

#1 I took off the cover of the oven and see an easy couple of screws for the display unit. But the touch control board on my oven that I see does not look the same as the new one I have...current board I see in my oven is very flat and presses against the outside touch controls. I am guessing that the new control board I have is another one (a third board?) a bit further in and I will find it once I remove the next layer of housing. Am I correct? I dont want to dig in further if you think I am already at a dead end. Is the big control board I am replacing actually deeper into the housing? (and is not the one the current one I see that is very flat and flush against the touch pad?)

#2 I thought before i started its best to fully understand how the harness fits etc. Just to hold them up against each other to know the drill before I go to actually connect later. The 17 pin that fits to the display head looks obvious...no problem. But the other ends of the cable does not match the other board. I understand on the 10 pin that the #4 pin and wire are blank...but the corresponding location on the board only has 8 (including the missing #4) so it extends beyond and encroaches on the adjacent 8 pin spot. And therefore wont allow the 8 pin connector to fit. So again, maybe I am not far enough into the oven unit to see all of the boards and I am trying to match up this cable to the wrong board.

Also the instructions that come with it...talk of P1, J3, etc that does not match to any label on the boards. Very confusing. And I am pretty good with my repair skills.

Please advise. My thanks again.
sidneywooten  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:22:33 AM(UTC)
sidneywooten

Denman....ok I am an idiot :). I looked deeper inside and yes i see the other main control board. So I know where I am headed. But the questions about the harness still are troublesome and I dont want to get into this unless I understand that issue first. Also, any photos you can provide would be a great benefit. Thanks for your patience.
sidneywooten  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:42:02 AM(UTC)
sidneywooten

And maybe just one more...when I take off the initial cover there are two cables that are attached. They are pretty secure and look fragile. Do I remove those to completely free that cover before I take the next step to remove housing screws and enter? or am I better to leave them (cables/wires) attached and find a way to keep those two components together and not risk a disconnect there.
sidneywooten  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:49:10 PM(UTC)
sidneywooten

Denman....I sure hope you read this one first. its done. Works great. Things I learned:

1- DO NOT drink beer and try to do this at the same time.
2- You go in from the top not the side. (just take out those couple of screws and slide it out a little.
3- Watch out dont break your foot. Just pull it out to the tipping point and have a friend (beer drinking ok for him) to keep it from falling out.
4- Do one wire at a time, take a lot of pics, and label wires so you can recall where they go back.

If I had gone in from the top vs trying the side it would have taken an hour. But I had to figure out how to get to the board....so I wasted a lot of time taking off stuff I only had to put back on later.

I can do this now. 30 minutes no sweat.

Your part worked great.

My thanks

Sid
denman  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:49:45 AM(UTC)
denman

You are welcome though I was not much help.

Sorry for not getting back to you but I was out at the cottage for the weekend.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply