Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DrMonty  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 3:05:02 PM(UTC)
DrMonty

Groups: Registered

The original problem with this oven was that there was no bake or broil. The gas valve was replaced and I confirmed that the old gas valve had failed as the bake solenoid was open. After replacing the gas valve the oven would initially ignite but was intermittent after the oven reached operating temperature. I replaced the spark ignition assembly and ignition after reaching set point is still intermittent. I can hear the spark ignition cycle 4 times and then time out and try again. I have cleaned all the mounting screws, the bake burner and any other area that may affect the ground plane as I know the DSI ovens require good grounds. The interesting part of this is that if I open the door at any time during the ignition sequence, 4 sparks, the oven ignites. Since the oven operated correctly prior to the gas valve failure, I'm wondering if this might be a gas flow issue. Would there be a possibility that there isn't enough gas, once the oven is hot, to ignite? or optionally could there be too much gas and not enough oxygen for ignition? I hate to begin shotgunning components without some explanation for the intermittent operation.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or recommendations!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.