Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
girinti  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:09:15 AM(UTC)
girinti

Groups: Registered

:) When turning on my RF burner the spark module will not turn off, all of the other burners function properly! I might add that all the burners that work the sparking turns off the second the gas ignites, the RF burner lights but the sparking continues. Help!:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:32:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Very likely the cause of this problem is a dirty or bad burner igniter and/or wet and/or misplaced burner.

Remove the burner cap and the ring and clean them together with the igniter with a rubbing alcohol and a soft metal brush. Inspect the porcelain part of the igniter for any damages. If there are any, replace the igniter.

Make sure the parts are absolutely dry before you put them back in place. Reassemble the burner and give it a try.

If it would not help, replace the igniter. Click on the part number bellow and scroll down to the Q&A section for the instructions.

- The igniter Part number: WB02X11363
Part number: WB02X11363

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE ZGU375NSD1SS Cooktop - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
girinti  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 1:16:18 PM(UTC)
girinti

Groups: Registered

After reading numerous posts on igniter problems I discovered two problems.
1. I did not plug the Wire from the RF spark electrode into the male terminal on the spark module, I missed the lug & had the connector between the male contact & the plastic housing, there was enough voltage to generate a spark but at the spark electrode but it could not sense the return current through flame causing the igniter to keep on pulsing! Hooked the wire up correctly & problem solved.
2. Center burner igniter wire connector, male crimp on connector broken, replaced connector with new one. Center burner functioning now.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum, I have learned a great deal & now feel with all the knowledge I gained form reading posts relevant to my problem I am now able to fix any problem with my GE gas cook top.

Again you all got me through frustration & doubt of my abilities to tackle the job & I able to repair my unit.:)
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 1:24:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your repair with us. It will help other people with a similar problems.

We also are glad to hear we could help you out. If there is anything else we can help you with, drop us a line.

Good luck with your cooktop.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply