Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sksmith  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:07:40 PM(UTC)
sksmith

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I purchased a control board, part # AP3160647, March 2010, order # 1045230. My husband and I replaced it and everything worked fine except for the lower oven start button. It never worked. I assumed we didn't plug something up correctly but never bothered too much with it since it was a second oven. (But I really have missed it over the holidays). Could you tell me if you have a diagram or something we could follow to see what controls the start button and only for the lower oven. Everything else works on the lower oven, I can touch Bake and set temp, oven light works, etc. but can't do anything with it because the START button doesn't work, doesn't beep like all the other buttons when pressed. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Sharen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:41:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello Sharen,

Sounds like the problem is a bad keypad or a bad ribbon cable. Both of these parts are part of the control panel. That means in order to fix it you have to replace the control panel. GE has discontinued the black control panel and only white control panel is still available.

- The control panel Part number: WB36T10157
Part number: WB36T10157

Gene.
sksmith  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:09:08 AM(UTC)
sksmith

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hello Sharen,

Sounds like the problem is a bad keypad or a bad ribbon cable. Both of these parts are part of the control panel. That means in order to fix it you have to replace the control panel. GE has discontinued the black control panel and only white control panel is still available.

- The control panel Part number: WB36T10157
Part number: WB36T10157

Gene.

Is that the same thing I purchased in 2010? it has a different part #, is that because its white? That does not sound like good news. Is there a warranty? I guess I should have sent it right back but I just thought we have not put it in right.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:57:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

The part you purchased almost three years ago is the control board. The warranty is one year but the problem you described has nothing to do with this part. The part which has to be replaced now is the control panel.

What was the problem back in 2010?

Gene.
sksmith  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:06:29 PM(UTC)
sksmith

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The part you purchased almost three years ago is the control board. The warranty is one year but the problem you described has nothing to do with this part. The part which has to be replaced now is the control panel.

What was the problem back in 2010?

Gene.

Was beeping F1 at times and F7 other times. Oven occasionally worked due to at times none of the buttons worked on the keypad. Everything has worked fine after replaced except for the lower oven start button. Would there be other symptons of the control panel being bad other than that one button?
Thanks for info.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 12:14:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

The "F7" error code in most cases points to a bad control panel (ribbon cable).

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply