Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
otto208  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:13:52 AM(UTC)
otto208

Groups: Registered

Hi again..just had you guys help me with my washer and went great!
Now last night the dang oven is acting up.
The oven will heat up, but seems like only to about 3oo, selected 350.
But according to the temp check I did, it just isnt heating up as it should be. About a week ago, while i was cooking, something strange did happen.
It seemed like something inside the oven made like a crackling noise and wasnt right., but seemed to work ok. In reading the threads here it sure seems there is alot of problems with the kitchenaid appl. Hope its an easy fix. Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have...not been my week lol.:rolleyes:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:02:13 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your partParts for Whirlpool KERC507HWH3 Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

Do both elements work?
During pre-heat and bake most units switch back and forth between the two elements.

Unplug the unit and inspect the elements visually.
Also run your fingers along them so you can determine if the calrod coating is bubbled/compromised where you cannot see it.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
otto208  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:41:25 AM(UTC)
otto208

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your partParts for Whirlpool KERC507HWH3 Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

Do both elements work?
During pre-heat and bake most units switch back and forth between the two elements.

Unplug the unit and inspect the elements visually.
Also run your fingers along them so you can determine if the calrod coating is bubbled/compromised where you cannot see it.

Hi and ty denman....the bake element is hidden under the lower part of the oven, cant see it..the broil element seems to get red. I was also wondering about the temp probe in the back of the oven, if that could be the issue.
The hidden element does seem warm when the oven is started, but hard to tell if it continues to get hotter.:cool:
otto208  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:23:40 PM(UTC)
otto208

Originally Posted by: otto208 Go to Quoted Post
Hi and ty denman....the bake element is hidden under the lower part of the oven, cant see it..the broil element seems to get red. I was also wondering about the temp probe in the back of the oven, if that could be the issue.
The hidden element does seem warm when the oven is started, but hard to tell if it continues to get hotter.:cool:

Well den.....had the repair guy here today. First thought the bake element was the only problem and i was thrilled. thennnn .. noticed the
control panel looked not good..some scorching he said..checked the power to the clock and was not good...said i also needed new control board...proberly blew when the element did.. tune of over 600 total now...with service etc.

thanks ..got to head out to look for a new range...thinking bout just rubbing a few rocks together to cook dinner...lot less aggrivation..
Have a good one:(
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply