Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michels_benny  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:58:33 AM(UTC)
michels_benny

Groups: Registered

I have a 6 yr old Kitchen Aid gas range that would not heat up. Both igniters were not heating up so I figured the gas valve was the culprit. Took the old valve to the appliance part shop and the old one had no electrical continuity whereas the new one had 200+ ohms. So i get home with the new part after the range has been unplugged about an hour, put the new gas valve in and go to turn the oven on a bake cycle to check my fix. Well, the door is now propped open about a quarter inch by the door latch, it will not let the door close all the way. After unplugging the range to "reset" for at least 5 mins and up to 40 mins the door latch locked itself, I heard the loud click that you hear when self cleaning. Now the latch will not budge at all. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.