Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lrbaldwin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:40:21 AM(UTC)
lrbaldwin

Groups: Registered

Last night heard a small "pop" and all heating elements stopped working, oven and cook top. Control panel on front works, lights, clock, fan, temp set, countdown till preheated, all show up as working, no error codes. I'll assume that at the least the thermal overload fuse is blown (is this fuse a safety for all the elements?), but I don't know where it is. I looked at the whirlpool .pdf and it looks like it's under the cooktop. The sketch that goes with this part 9759243 here on this site says that it's in the back. I'd like to know where to look to test this fuse before I pull the oven out, especially if I don't have to pull it out.

Thanks,
Linda
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:28:46 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The first thing to check would be the thermal cut out

Part number: 341196
Part number: 341196

Looks like it's at the back, I agree the picture is not clear at all.
Here are the breakdown diagram and Oven parts for Whirlpool GY398LXPB01 - AppliancePartsPros.com

It's #23.

Post the results.

Simon.
lrbaldwin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:57:45 AM(UTC)
lrbaldwin

Groups: Registered

After I learned that the thermal overload fuse had no connection to the elements on the cooktop, just the oven, then I realized that this was a matter of one of the wires of the 220 circuit not getting to the stove since all the 110 functions of the stove still worked. Sure 'nuff, the plastic thing where you plug in the power to the stove was melted and wire was hanging loose. Found this out after I called local repair guy. I'm 65 and just not into pulling out stoves like I used to. :D

Thanks,
Linda
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply