Discuss

Another Whirlpool Autoclean Fail

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Now I'm starting to wonder if I got the oven sensors mixed up and put the one from the bad

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Another Whirlpool Autoclean Fail

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Now I'm starting to wonder if I got the oven sensors mixed up and put the one from the bad oven back in.
Pull it and check it.
If it measures 1080 it is probably OK.

If OK then odds are that the control board is bad.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Appliancetard is on a distinguished road

Is there anything else it could possibly be? Would it be worth having a repair man check it out? Also, if it is the control board, where do I find a new one or am I expected to replace the wall ovens?

Thanks again.

Update:

Okay, the reason I was getting error codes is because I didn't have both sensors connected at the same time. I switched the sensors and tested them again and they are both definitely good as the one from the bad oven when placed in the good oven worked fine.

So now I just need to know how to replace the board or if I should call a repair man because there may be a much cheaper break that I am not going to pick up on before I purchase the board, assuming I can replace the control board.

Also, what is a limit switch? A repair person told me to check that. I'm assuming it is just another term for the thermostat overload that I already replaced.

Last edited by Appliancetard : 11-21-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Also, what is a limit switch? A repair person told me to check that. I'm assuming it is just another term for the thermostat overload that I already replaced.
Yes it is. Also they are called thermal fuses.

Below is the control board.Note that AppliancePartsPros will let you return the board if it does not fix your problem. Most places will not accept electrical returns. Please see their return policy
Part number: AP5801413

Part number: AP5801413
Old 11-22-2013, 04:09 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by denman View Post
[color="Blue"]

Below is the control board.Note that AppliancePartsPros will let you return the board if it does not fix your problem. Most places will not accept electrical returns. Please see their return policy
Thank you for all of your help denman! This has been a great learning experience for me. It really is fun to fix things yourself (assuming you are able to fix it)

I will let you know if the board fixes it and thank you for linking to the part and letting me know about ApplianceParts return policy. It may be awhile before I order the part for lack of $, but I will let you know if it fixes the problem when I do.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome.

I will keep my fingers crossed that we have diagnosed it correctly.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:59 PM

Okay, I have the control board and my oven is out of the wall, power off, and I can't figure out how the control panel comes off. I don't see any screws, so I'm assuming it just pops off, but don't want to break it. Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:40 PM

Figured it out. Wow, it's not the control board. Guess I'm calling a repair man.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:49 AM

I had it all fixed. The repair guy said there was a loose fuse next to the control board causing the problem.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.