Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fixer_bill  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:26:54 AM(UTC)
fixer_bill

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana Range ( stove top with oven below ) that has 4 burners.
Two smaller ones and two larger ones( back left and front right). One of the larger burners was getting red hot as soon as I turned it on low. The model number label actually says this range is MayTag AER5715QAS. I turned off the power to the range and took the back cover off behind the burner knobs. I noted carefully how the infinite switch wires were connected. Then, I swapped the infinite switch for the other large burner with the one that was not working and the switch worked fine on the other burner. However, I manage to get a pair of wires reversed on the switch connected to the non working burner and blow out the switch when I turned it on. Crap! So I ordered a new switch and a new large burner, putting the switch wires on properly and replaced the burner. Then after powering, and turning on the burner again I blew out the infinite switch again. After powering it off and back on the clock on front and the other 3 burners are still working fine. Could there be something else shorted out causing the switch to blow out? I checked out the switches with a ohmmeter according to on-line instructions and they both seem to be bad
(also have burn marks were they sparked before they blew out ) . Could something now be wrong with the Electronic control board that the switch wires are connected to ? Please help !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.