Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
reginaacarroll  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 8:55:52 AM(UTC)
reginaacarroll

Groups: Registered

:mad: :mad: HELP PLEASE HELP
I posted a thread on 12-15 ***

I have a WhirlpoolGold double electric wall oven(upper Convection) stainless/ black. Model#Model GBD307PDS09 Ser#XR2500422. I purchased it new in June of 2004. The oven has started to show errorcode E6 F2. I reset the clock function and the code goes away, the clock works and everything seems fine for about 1-2 days. Then the errorcode appears again and I reset the clock again and so on.

IT IS NOW MONDAY 12/17 AND NOW THE PANEL ON THE FRONT OF THE OVEN IS COMPLETELY BLACK -- NO LIGHTS NO INDICATORS AND NOTHING IS WORKING EXCEPT THE OVEN LIGHT AND IT's BUTTON. I don't know what to do and I have a house full of company arriving this weekend. Can someone help me with what part and part number I should order and how to fix this problem.

Desperate,
Regina

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...e6-f2.html#ixzz2FKaeUzoz
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 10:37:19 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

You will need to run the continuity tests using the multimeter.
The problem could be with the control board and/or control panel, control thermal fuse, control power transformer.
If you are not sure that you can do the troubleshooting call the repair company.
If you do have the meter and basic skills - let me know and I'll help you with the troubleshooting.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Top Venting parts for Whirlpool GBD307PDS09 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon.
reginaacarroll  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:11:34 PM(UTC)
reginaacarroll

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

You will need to run the continuity tests using the multimeter.
The problem could be with the control board and/or control panel, control thermal fuse, control power transformer.
If you are not sure that you can do the troubleshooting call the repair company.
If you do have the meter and basic skills - let me know and I'll help you with the troubleshooting.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Top Venting parts for Whirlpool GBD307PDS09 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon.

Simon
Thank you for offering to help. I can start tonght after 7:30 pm EasternST or 10:30 am tomorrow Tues. Which ever time works best for you. My skills are basic buti believe I can do it with help and instruction. I fixed a fuse and control panel in my microwave so I hope I can handle this. Please let me know when you would like to get started.
Regina
reginaacarroll  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:16:39 PM(UTC)
reginaacarroll

Simon
Thank you for offering to help. I can start tonght after 7:30 pm EasternST or 10:30 am tomorrow Tues. Which ever time works best for you. My skills are basic but I believe I can do it with help and instruction. I fixed a fuse and control panel in my microwave so I hope I can handle this. Please let me know when you would like to get started.
Regina

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...p;p=789028#ixzz2FLlr3xaf
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 2:12:00 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Let's do it tomorrow. To get to the control board you should open the lower oven door, locate two screws holding the side trims (one on each side), take them out and pull the trims down.
Next remove one screw on each side holding the control panel and lift off the panel. Before doing that make sure the power is off.
To check the thermal fuse locate it inline of the black wire going from the P24-3 to L1. If it's open - replace it. You can jump it to check if this is the only problem.
To check the power transformer P16-5 (R) to P16-7 (R) 75-95ohm and P16-2 (BLU) to P16-3 (BLU) <1ohm.
Post the results.

Simon.
reginaacarroll  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:07:27 PM(UTC)
reginaacarroll

Hi.

Let's do it tomorrow. To get to the control board you should open the lower oven door, locate two screws holding the side trims (one on each side), take them out and pull the trims down.
Next remove one screw on each side holding the control panel and lift off the panel. Before doing that make sure the power is off.
To check the thermal fuse locate it inline of the black wire going from the P24-3 to L1. If it's open - replace it. You can jump it to check if this is the only problem.
To check the power transformer P16-5 (R) to P16-7 (R) 75-95ohm and P16-2 (BLU) to P16-3 (BLU) <1ohm.
Post the results.

Simon.

Simon -
I can't thank you enough for your helpful response and instruction. I did the continuity tests and found the transformer P16-5 and -7 only had a reading of 35 ohm and that P16-2 and -3 had .002 ohm on my digital meter. the fuse seemed ok. Does this mean I need a new control board? If so what is the model number for that? I'll look for your response on Tues.
thanks,
Regina
Simon / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:55:58 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi, Regina.

Even I do think it's the control board, I recommend you to get from us all three: the board, the transformer( (35ohm is much less then rated 75-95ohm) and the control panel because you are pressed against the time.You can return any parts even if they been installed.
I'd start with the transformer, then control board.

Post the results.

Simon.
reginaacarroll  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:23:06 PM(UTC)
reginaacarroll

Hi, Regina.

Even I do think it's the control board, I recommend you to get from us all three: the board, the transformer( (35ohm is much less then rated 75-95ohm) and the control panel because you are pressed against the time.You can return any parts even if they been installed.
I'd start with the transformer, then control board.

Post the results.

Simon.

I was thinking that myself. will post results once we get the parts and attemp the install. wish me luck. hopefully by Thuraday/Friday you should hear back from me unless I run into some problems. Thanks again
Regina
JMHmass  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 1:21:30 PM(UTC)
JMHmass

Originally Posted by: reginaacarroll Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking that myself. will post results once we get the parts and attemp the install. wish me luck. hopefully by Thuraday/Friday you should hear back from me unless I run into some problems. Thanks again
Regina

Just read your post from December with the exact symptoms in my kitchen. Did you fix it? What was replaced?

Thanks,
Jim
CBurke  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:11:14 AM(UTC)
CBurke

I have a Whirlpool GBD307PDS09 double oven. I had an E6 F2 error that was fixed by replacing the main control board a couple of months ago. Then after it had worked properly for several weeks, the display went blank. I can get the display to work by cycling the circuit breaker, but once I set the clock and press clock button a second time, the display goes blank again. Do you think the control board is once again defective? The key pad has also been replaced and results are the same. All of the buttons on the keypad seem to operate. Could a defective transformer board cause this? It's about the only thing I haven't replaced.

Thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply