Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sonnysmustang  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:55:11 PM(UTC)
sonnysmustang

Groups: Registered

I believe the spark control module is bad on my range and need to get the part number off of the module. Before I strip the nut on the burner base which is under the burner cover, I wanted to make sure it's the correct way to remove the burners. Also,is there a special tool since this looks like a very thin nut made out of soft metal at the top of a sleeve that goes down into the bottom of the burner.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:44:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What seems to be a problem?

The model number you posted is incomplete or incorrect. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
sonnysmustang  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:35:17 PM(UTC)
sonnysmustang

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What seems to be a problem?

The model number you posted is incomplete or incorrect. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.

Sorry for the typo. The correct model is PRG304.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:57:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Thank you for the correct model number.

Did you perform any troubleshooting? Why do you believe that the spark module is the culprit?

Gene.
sonnysmustang  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:34:19 PM(UTC)
sonnysmustang

Thank you for the correct model number.

Did you perform any troubleshooting? Why do you believe that the spark module is the culprit?

Gene.

The spark had been becoming intermittent for a couple of weeks since the multiple power outages we endured post Hurricane Sandy here in NY. Then the other night all four burners just quit. No spark, just gas. We've been lighting it the old fashioned way, with stick matches. I figure a power surge or spike took out the electronics. I did unplug the stove for a bit in the unlikely hope that it would miraculously start working! I can't troubleshoot any further until I can access the spark module, and that I believe requires removing the drip pans since it's shown in a box under the left side burners. I just can't get the venturi to budge with WD 40, box wreches, sockets, even vice grips.
I just consider it another of the many problems I've had with this overpriced stove that eats oven ignitors at least once a year, has had oven door problems and convection fan problems. Next breakdown will definitely prompt replacement. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:17:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Very likely the problem is a bad spark module but, before you will go further I would recommend to verify 120 VAC to the range.

Removing these venturies is a real headache. You can not force them too much because you can easy break the gas supply tubes. The best solution based on my experience is to cut off the venturies using a dremel tool. In such case you will need a new venturies and new jet holders.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Thermador PRG304US - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
sonnysmustang  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:58:53 PM(UTC)
sonnysmustang

Very likely the problem is a bad spark module but, before you will go further I would recommend to verify 120 VAC to the range.

Removing these venturies is a real headache. You can not force them too much because you can easy break the gas supply tubes. The best solution based on my experience is to cut off the venturies using a dremel tool. In such case you will need a new venturies and new jet holders.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Thermador PRG304US - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Thanks for your help! I was afraid I might have to cut those. I have the dremel tool at the ready. Verified AC to the stove both by the fact that the oven does work and the oven light is on. Just to verify before I order, the et holders are listed in the parts list are burner bases? Not a stove guy so I just wanted to make sure. Second, is the 6 point re-igniter listed the correct part for my 4 burner unit with simmer control on the left burners? Thanks again
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:29:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

The jet holders are listed in the parts list "Burners & Grates" - #9. There is only one part number. If all burners are the same size then it's fine. If they are different, you better call APP CSR to verify it.

I found the 4 point re-igniter but I'm not sure if it will match up with the wire plug.

- The 4 point re-igniter Part number: 189323
Part number: 189323

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply