Originally Posted by sharkman78
Heard a pop when turning on one of the 4 burners on the cooktop. The pop wasnt from the one that isnt working now. It was from one of the others. They all work except for one. Can someone tell me if it's the igniter or something else and how to replace it? I'm not too handy so if it's a big or complicated job, I'll call a repair guy to do it..
uour stove has electyronic spark ignition with a wire from each electrode to its appropiate burner,,, each electrode tip must spark to the body of the burner,, only 2 things will keep it from igniting,, spark is not getting from electrode or gas is not getting at the spark,, when gas is turned on,, gas passes close to the spark ignitor at each burner,, atke that burner apart cleaning food residue from the purner holes,, make sure gas passes at the electrode,, that should fix your stove,, buck