Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sharkman78  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:37:35 AM(UTC)
sharkman78

Groups: Registered

Heard a pop when turning on one of the 4 burners on the cooktop. The pop wasnt from the one that isnt working now. It was from one of the others. They all work except for one. Can someone tell me if it's the igniter or something else and how to replace it? I'm not too handy so if it's a big or complicated job, I'll call a repair guy to do it..

thanks,

sharkman
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

buckwill  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:49:05 PM(UTC)
buckwill

Originally Posted by: sharkman78 Go to Quoted Post
Heard a pop when turning on one of the 4 burners on the cooktop. The pop wasnt from the one that isnt working now. It was from one of the others. They all work except for one. Can someone tell me if it's the igniter or something else and how to replace it? I'm not too handy so if it's a big or complicated job, I'll call a repair guy to do it..

thanks,

sharkman

uour stove has electyronic spark ignition with a wire from each electrode to its appropiate burner,,, each electrode tip must spark to the body of the burner,, only 2 things will keep it from igniting,, spark is not getting from electrode or gas is not getting at the spark,, when gas is turned on,, gas passes close to the spark ignitor at each burner,, atke that burner apart cleaning food residue from the purner holes,, make sure gas passes at the electrode,, that should fix your stove,, buck
sharkman78  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:33:43 AM(UTC)
sharkman78

Originally Posted by: buckwill Go to Quoted Post
uour stove has electyronic spark ignition with a wire from each electrode to its appropiate burner,,, each electrode tip must spark to the body of the burner,, only 2 things will keep it from igniting,, spark is not getting from electrode or gas is not getting at the spark,, when gas is turned on,, gas passes close to the spark ignitor at each burner,, atke that burner apart cleaning food residue from the purner holes,, make sure gas passes at the electrode,, that should fix your stove,, buck

Buck.. THANKS a million... I used a hair dryer to clean out the tip of that ignoiter and it WORKED...

sharkman
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply