Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LoneMedic  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 10:15:54 AM(UTC)
LoneMedic

Groups: Registered

I have a Roper FGP337KW0 stove with oven issues. The igniter glows but oven won't light. I replaced the igniter but still won't ignite gas. I now have noticed that old igniter would not let gas to flow but new igniter will. With new igniter, when oven is turned on, igniter will glow and passes 3.52 amps, allows valve to open (I can even hear click) after which I can manually light diffuser tube and it will stay lit although changing temp doesn't change size or force of flame. Any ideas? Thank-you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 2:13:13 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

HI.

First of all check how the new ignitor is mounted. Is it the same way the original was?
Next - remove the ignitor and check if all the pilot holes in the burner in the ignitor area are open.
Clean them with the thick needle if needed.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Manifold parts for Roper FGP337KW0 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
LoneMedic  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:08:11 PM(UTC)
LoneMedic

Thanks for the reply! I did check the position of the igniter and it is same as old one. I completly removed diffuser tube and all holes looked fine but I still cleaned out holes, air blew inside of tube and lightly wire brushed outside of tube on hole line. I tried adjusting manifold more open and closed but all produced same results. Igniter will light with measured 3.38 to 3.57 amps draw, valve will open (hear it click and smell gas) but no flame unless I manually light. Could it be the jet? This has me totally baffled! Thanks.:confused:
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:21:30 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

When you manually lighting the burner is the flame normal strength?

Simon.
LoneMedic  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:01:22 PM(UTC)
LoneMedic

I'm not sure what is exactly normal but flame extends about 3 1/2 inches away from diffuser. Also just tried again and after just under 2 minutes, gas ignited for the first time with igniter but it was so strong it just kind of blew up (a little bit of flame came out of broiler door) and didn't stay lit. I think I'm finally ready to buy new stove but for peace of mind want to know what is wrong.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 10:26:57 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

As far as I understand the problem is that the ignitor is too far from the burner.If you can't install it any closer try to adjust the burner's orifice.Turn it CW 1/2 turn to decrease the flame.
Be careful not to stay in front off the open oven.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply