Discuss

Oven Not Igniting - Thermador Professional Range Model Year 2003

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Hello, I am a new home owner and purchased a home with an all gas Thermador 36 inch Professional Range

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Oven Not Igniting - Thermador Professional Range Model Year 2003

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM

NewHomeNNJ2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Oven Not Igniting - Thermador Professional Range Model Year 2003
Brand: Thermador   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello,

I am a new home owner and purchased a home with an all gas Thermador 36 inch Professional Range with a Griddle. I am out of town right now so I do not have the model number handy but I am assuming most of these issues are very similar.

We called Thermador and had a tech out, he replaced the igniter and one of the computer boards (not the one at the back of the unit). It did not fix the problem and before spending more money on something we aren't sure can be fixed we politely asked him to leave. He claims a mouse may have gotten in to the unit and chewed the wires since he saw some droppings and that the wire harness is no longer sold so he things its a total loss but didn't do much to confirm it outside of replacing the parts.

At this point we have 3 burners that work, the griddle works, and the broiler ignites. But one burner (left rear) and the oven do not ignite.

I believe the burner needs a new pentameter as it is getting no gas but the oven has me at a loss. What else can we do to figure out what is wrong with the unit? I absolutely do not want to have to purchase a new stove after just buying a home but from what I have read these things can be pretty unreliable.

What kind of tools do I need to perform diagnostics on the wiring? Could this be the main computer board on the back of the unit? Are there any other reset switches I should try?

I know there are a lot of threads on this, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.