Discuss

GE Profile double oven beeps every 10 seconds, no codes

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I have been troubleshooting a GE Profile double oven and have come to a stopping point. The breaker has to

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » GE Profile double oven beeps every 10 seconds, no codes

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 AM

Brianlinx is on a distinguished road
Angry GE Profile double oven beeps every 10 seconds, no codes
Brand: GE   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have been troubleshooting a GE Profile double oven and have come to a stopping point. The breaker has to be turned off or the secondary of the control transformer has to be lifted to stop the beeping. The exactly 10 second beep is one issue, but the real issue is buttons like clear, clockset, timer set, cook set, etc work fine, but bake, broil, up and down do not work.

I did all the normal stuff:
1. Turn off for several days, turn back on....same issue.
2. Secondary output of control transformer......(it has dual voltage output)....both in spec.
3. Ohm test the membrane keypad on each button......pass test per ge tech paperwork inside machine.

I am leaning towards new controller, if that can be found.

1.) does anyone have any other ideas to try? Does a continuous 10 second beep mean anything to anyone? The beep stops when the keypad ribbon cable is lifted, which makes me think the keypad is the issue??? Agree??

2.) does anyone know a supplier that provides key pad or controller for this guy?

Thanks,

Bl

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM

Brianlinx is on a distinguished road

JTP54

I spoke with General Time Repairs and they can repair my WB36K5537 Control board, but if the problem is the keypad, they do not do anything with that.

Upper Oven Clear works
Oven Light works
Clock (set) works
Timer set works
Cook Time set works

All others are dead and I have a precisely every 10 second beep.

If I unplug the ribbon cable from membrane to controller beep stops.

???????????????????????
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

More likely the problem is a bad control panel.

The model number you posted is incomplete.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.