Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
epic1231  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:40:48 PM(UTC)
epic1231

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone, first time posting, I hope to include all information. I just purchased my first home with my new wife and there was a KitchenAid Electric Oven (and Stove) in the house.

I believe the Model # is 8301983 Rev. A

After about a month of use, I got an E3 error that the Oven Sensor was not working. After checking your forums here, I ordered a part but by accident ordered the wrong part. When I got the 6inch oven sensor I clipped the connector from the oven and tried to splice the wires together. This did not work as it was the wrong sensor.

Last week I ordered the correct sensor but now with the connector cut from the oven, I decided to clip it from the new part also. I just installed it and after turning the oven back on, I still received the same error. (just want to add I did use wire nuts on the exposed wires I tried to splice together)

When I hit Bake, and then Start the oven will fire up, I hear what sounds like a fan going and after about 30 seconds, the error comes back up and everything shuts down.

Any suggestions, I'm not very good with electric work but I would like to fix this without having to hire a pro in if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.